Monday, October 25th
- The United Nations Security Council added one person to the list of its sanctions targets under its Libya program. (Here)
Tuesday, October 26th - There was no major development on Tuesday.
Wednesday, October 27th
- There was no major development on Wednesday.
Thursday, October 28th
- OFAC added three individuals to its SDN list pursuant to E.O. 13441. This authority has been rarely used and as of the date of this publication there are only seven individuals listed pursuant to the authority granted in E.O. 13441. (Here, Department of Treasury's press release, Department of State's press release)
Friday, October 29th
- Another Friday and another OFAC action: OFAC designated four entities and two individuals for being involved in Iran's drone-making activities. The authorities used for these designations are the non-proliferation and counter-terrorism programs of the U.S. (Here, Department of Treasury's press release, Department of State's press release)
Recommendations of the week
- It has been a while that FATF has been trying to mitigate the unintended effects resulted from "incorrect implementation" of its standards. This week, it published a short document about its efforts concerning such unintended effects. (Here)
- Will Sudan sanctions come back again? Maybe! In one of the U.S. Department of State press briefings, the spokesperson of the Department indicated that all options are on the table. To read more, check out the briefing's page. (Here)
To get your weekly alerts please click here.