Monday, November 29th
- This week started with the delisting of seven entries from the French list of sanction targets. All those entries used to be listed under French autonomous counter-terrorism sanctions.
Tuesday, November 30th - The Department of State revoked the designation of Revolutionary Forces of Colombia (FARC) as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) and as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT), while designated two other groups, FARC-EP and Segunda Marquetalia, which are parts of the FARC which refused to demobilize so far as FTOs and SDGT. The Department of State also designated the leaders of the two branches as SDGT. This action is a good reminded that designations under the U.S. Counter Terrorism program is done by the Department of State (in consultation with the Department of the Treasury). (Here, Dept. of State press release)
Wednesday, December 1st
- In a major clean-up, OFAC delisted dozens of entries that were on the SDN list pursuant to the Kingpin Act sanctions program and updated the tags for a number of entries. (Here)
Thursday, December 2nd
- France added one individual and two entities to its list of financial sanctions targets under its autonomous counter terrorism sanctions. (Here)
- Th United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Canada imposed more sanctions against Belarus. The EU, the UK, and Canada only added new targets to the list of sanctions targets under their Belarus sanctions regimes. The U.S. took one step further by imposing restrictions on dealings in new issuances of Belarusian sovereign debt in the primary and secondary markets, as well as new designations.
- Australian Parliament passed the Autonomous Sanctions Amendment (Magnitsky-style and Other Thematic Sanctions) Bill 2021 which expands the designation power of the Australian government. (Press release, The U.S. Dept. of State's press release)
Friday, December 3rd
- The Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1970 (2011) concerning Libya decided to grant a humanitarian travel exemption to three individuals listed under this regime. (Here)
Recommendation of the week
- Over the weekend, the Department of State held a briefing about the ongoing talks in Vienna about JCPOA. You can read its transcript here.
To get your weekly alerts please click here.